- SCHOOL SUPPORT PROGRAM
Many children in South Africa are disadvantaged
from attending school even though schooling is compulsory
in South Africa. The major disadvantage is that most parents
cannot afford the school fees, school uniforms, transport
WAMY launched a school support program
in 2003 to assist disadvantaged Muslim children attending
public schools. WAMY identifies some learners with great
potential and places in Muslim Independent Schools.
- To create access to schooling
- To create opportunities for funding – Dawah-Huququl
Ibad (Rights to mankind)
- Promote learning i.e. creating an IQRA community
- Developing and empowering the future leaders of communities
- Raise the standards of living.
Primary target are disadvantaged communities
mainly Orphans and needy learners
Since inception of this program 1249 learners
have benefited and 23 Schools have participated.